Everything you need to know about the solar tax credit
Disclaimer: Tax Policy–This guide outlines the federal investment tax credit for those interested in off-grid solar PV. It does not constitute professional tax advice or other professional financial guidance. It should not be used as the sole source of information in making purchasing decisions, investment decisions or tax decisions, or in the execution of other binding agreements.
The current value of the Solar Investment Tax Credit is 25%.
By helping to offset the cost of purchasing off-grid solar, the tax credit is designed to gain more off-grid solar users, stimulate investment in the solar industry, and accelerate the pace of solar investment and innovation.
(1) off-grid and portable CSPV panels, whether in a foldable case or in rigid form containing a glass cover, where the panels have the following characteristics:
(A) a total power output of 100 watts or less per panel;
(B) a maximum surface area of 8,000 cm2 per panel;
(C) do not include a built-in inverter;
(D) where the panels have glass covers, such panels must be in individual retail packaging (for purposes of this provision, retail packaging typically includes graphics, the product name, its description and/or features, and foam for transport);
From here are the new exclusions added in 2018.9.19
(2) off-grid, 45 watt or less solar panels, each with length not exceeding950 mm and width of 100 mm or morebut not over 255 mm, with a surfacearea of 2,500 cm2 or less, with apressure-laminated tempered glasscover at the time of entry but not aframe, electrical cables or connectors, oran internal battery;
(3) 4 watt or less solar panels, eachwith a length or diameter of 70 mm ormore but not over 235 mm, with asurface area not exceeding 539 cm2, andnot exceeding 16 volts, provided that no such panel with these characteristicsshall contain an internal battery orexternal computer peripheral ports atthe time of entry;
(4) solar panels with a maximumrated power of equal to or less than 60watts, having the followingcharacteristics, provided that no suchpanel with those characteristics shallcontain an internal battery or externalcomputer peripheral ports at the time of
entry: (A) Length of not more than 482mm and width of not more than 635 mmor (B) a total surface area not exceeding3,061 cm2;
(5) flexible and semi-flexible off-gridsolar panels designed for use with motorvehicles and boats, where the panels range in rated wattage from 10 to 120watts, inclusive;
Section 201 Cases: Imported Large Residential Washing Machines and Imported Solar Cells and Modules
86 FR 58871 – Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Cells, Whether or Not Assembled Into Modules, From the People’s Republic of China: Final Results of Antidumping Duty Administrative Review and Final Determination of No Shipments; 2018-2019
LEAVE A MESSAGE
If you are interested in our products and want to know more details,please leave a message here,we will reply you as soon as we can.